While any teriyaki sauce off the shelf will work always work, I love making my own spices. If you have the time give the following a try! This teriyaki sauce has the perfect amount of spice from the crushed red pepper but comes back with a little sweetness from the delicious honey.
It’s also super quick and easy to make in which you’ll likely have all the ingredients already on hand!
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
While any teriyaki sauce off the shelf will work, I love making my own spices. If you have the time give the following a try!
- 4 Tablespoons - Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon - Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon - Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon - Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons - Cornstarch
- 1-2 Tablespoons - Honey
- 1/4 Cup -Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup - Water
- Fill a measuring cup up with a cup of water and add the cornstarch. Mix the corn start in and set it aside.
- Add all the other ingredients into a sauce pan and set the burner to Medium heat. Once the sauce pan starts to simmer, add the cornstarch and water mixture and continue to mix.
- Mix the ingredients in the sauce pan until the desired thickness has been reached.
If you have made the sauce too thick, simply add a little more water to thin it back out. Enjoy!
Ben has a bachelor’s degree in construction engineering. When not constructing or remodeling X-Ray Rooms, Cardiovascular Labs, and Pharmacies, you can find him at home with wife and two daughters. Outside of family, He loves grilling and barbequing on his Big Green Egg and Blackstone Griddle, as well as working on projects around the house.
If you want more backyard tips including recipes, how-tos and more, make sure you subscribe to my youtube channel
Tuesday 11th of May 2021
Excited to try your recipe! You refer to the sweetness from the honey, but I don't see any honey in the recipe?
Wednesday 12th of May 2021
Thank you for pointing this out. When I copied it over it appears the honey was somehow lost in which the recipe has been updated. Sorry about that, hope you enjoy!