Smoked buffalo chicken dip is a deliciously easy dip to make on the Big Green Egg. One recommendation would be to ensure you have a cast iron skillet to cook it in. Not only will the cast iron skillet cook it nice and evenly but it will also keep the dip hot longer while you and your company are enjoying it!
Don’t have a smoker? This smoked buffalo chicken dip is still good if you follow all directions and just put it in the oven.
Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
- 8 oz – Cream Cheese (1 Packet)
- 2 cups – Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 cups – Cooked Chicken, Shredded
- 1/2 cup – Franks Red Hot Original Sauce
- 1/2 cup – Hidden Valley Ranch (If you like blue cheese then blue cheese salad dressing is good too).
- 1 bag – Tortilla Chips
How to Make Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip?
It is highly recommended to either smoke a beer can chicken or spatchcock a chicken for this recipe. It will really help bring out the flavor. With that being said, if you are short on time then another great option is pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the store.
Whether it is a chicken you smoked or a store bought rotisserie, start out by pulling and shredding the meat. You’ll need two cups for this awesome smoked buffalo chicken dip.
Once the chicken is shredded proceed with the cream cheese. It is recommend to add it to the cast iron skillet after it has been softened. To soften the cream cheese simply take it out of the aluminum foil and toss it in the microwave.
Once the cream cheese is in the cast iron skillet it is now time to add the chicken.
Then add the full bag of cheese which should yield 2 cups.
Add 1/2 a cup of Hidden Valley’s Ranch Dressing.
Add 1/2 a cup of Franks Red Hot Original Sauce.
Mash together and mix thoroughly and then spoon until it is level in the bottom of your cast iron skillet.
I like mine with a little extra cheese on top. Another good alternate would be to add pepper jack cheese to the top which unfortunately I didn’t have on hand for this particular cook. That is all there is to preparing a delicious smoked buffalo chicken dip.
How to Cook a Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip? (On the Big Green Egg)
It doesn’t get much easier than smoking a buffalo chicken dip on the Big Green Egg. To do this, simply fire up the Big Green Egg (or Kamado Joe) and get it dialed into about 350 degrees.
The smoked buffalo chicken dip will also be cooked with indirect heat. To do this, insert your plate setter or conv”egg”tor with the feet facing up and the grate on top.
Smoke the buffalo chicken dip for about 20 minutes in which you’ll want to start checking it. Once the cheese on top is done, then it is ready to pull and eat! Enjoy this delicious smoked buffalo chicken dip!
Cheesy Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (1 Packet)
- 2 cups Colby-Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken, Pulled and Shredded (Better with smoked beer can chicken or smoked spatchcock chicken)
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Original Sauce
- 1/2 cup Hidden Valley Ranch (or blue cheese salad dressing if you prefer)
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- Dial the Big Green Egg into 350 degrees with the plate setter inserted with the feet up.
- Remove foil from cream cheese and soften in microwave.
- Place the soften cream cheese in cast iron skillet. Add all other ingredients with the exception of the tortilla chips. Mash and mixed together well then flatten to an even layer.
- Place on Big Green Egg for 20 minutes and start checking for doneness. Pull when cheese on top is melted. Serve in cast iron skillet to keep the dip hot.
If you want more backyard tips including recipes, how-tos and more, make sure you subscribe to my youtube channel