This deliciously Smoked Chicken Spaghetti Casserole recipe has screamed home to me ever since I left for college. It is just one of those filling recipes that has always brought me back and I’m here to share it with everyone even though I have no idea who the original creator was. Enjoy it!
Smoked Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Ingredients
- 8 Ounces – Uncooked Spaghetti Noodles
- 4 Each – Chicken Breasts (Otto’s Chicken is Preferred)
- 1 Can – Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 Can – Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 Ounces – Colby Jack Cheese (Cheddar will also work, 1 Bag)
- 1 Cup – Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Cups – Chicken Broth
How to Setup the Big Green Egg for Smoked Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
This smoked chicken spaghetti casserole is cook at 350 degrees. It is an indirect cook in which you’ll need the plate setter / conv”egg”tor inserted with the legs facing upward. The cook time is roughly a hour to a hour and a half.
How to Cook Smoked Chicken Spaghetti on the Big Green Egg
Start out by breaking the spaghetti noodles into about 2″ pieces and lay them evenly in a 9 x 17 “ish” pan.
Pour the Chicken Broth over the noodles. Set aside and let the noodles soak while the chicken mixture is made.
Cut the 4 chicken breasts into cubes and place in a mixing bowl.
Add the mayonnaise to the cubed chicken breasts.
Followed by the Cream of Celery.
Then the Cream of Chicken.
Lastly, the bag of Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese.
Gently mix all ingredients together.
Scoop the chicken mixture over the noodles that are soaking in the chicken broth.
Lightly mix the noodle and chicken mixture together and spread to an even layer in the chicken pan.
The Big Green Egg should be dialed in right around 350 degrees.
Once the BGE is holding around 350 degrees place the Chicken Spaghetti Casserole on and close the lid. Smoke for about an hour and check the internal temperature of the chicken.
If they aren’t probing at 165-170 let it keep going. The cook varies from 60-90 minutes. Once the internal temp is achieved, pull it and enjoy!
This deliciously Smoked Chicken Spaghetti Casserole recipe has screamed home to me ever since I left for college. It is just one of those filling recipes that has always brought me back and I'm here to share it with everyone even though I have no idea who the original creator was. Enjoy it!
- 8 Ounces - Uncooked Spaghetti Noodles
- 4 Each - Chicken Breasts (Otto's Chicken is Preferred)
- 1 Can - Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 Can - Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 Ounces - Colby Jack Cheese (Cheddar will also work, 1 Bag)
- 1 Cup - Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Cups - Chicken Broth
- In a 9x11" pan break the noodles into 2 "ish" inches creating an even layer in the pan.
- Add the chicken broth and set aside to soak while the chicken mixture is made.
- In a mixing bowl bowl combine the chicken (raw or cooked), cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, Colby Jack cheese & mayonnaise. Mix together.
- Add the chicken mixture to the noodles and chicken broth. Mix lightly.
- Place in the Big Green Egg on indirect heat with the BGE dialed into 350 degrees.
- Let the smoked chicken spaghetti casserole cook for 1 - 1.5 hours in which the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 - 170 degrees (if using raw chicken). Pull and enjoy!
If you have more time, smoking the chicken first then cooking this recipe will give the casserole a little more of a smoke flavor. Either way is excellant! Enjoy.