These smoked Parmesan Red Potatoes is a delicious side that is super easy to make on the Big Green Egg. It is literally just Parmesan cheese, butter and potatoes and with how easy it is to prepare and make your taste buds will be blown away!
It couples perfectly with any meat dish from prime rib to ham or even burgers.
Smoked Parmesan Red Potatoes Ingredients
- 6 Tablespoons – Butter
- 6 Tablespoons – Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 8 “ish” – Red Potatoes
How to Prepare Smoked Parmesan Red Potatoes
Place the unsalted butter in a 9×11″ pan.
Either microwave on “melt” mode or place on the Big Green Egg to get the butter melted down.
Add the Parmesan cheese in an even later on top of the butter. While I love this recipe as is, it is also good if you add some seasoning like Cow Lick by Dizzy Pig at this point too (just if you are looking for something with a different flavor).
Cut the red potatoes in half and place them face down into the Parmesan cheese & butter.
How to Smoke Parmesan Red Potatoes
Get the Big Green Egg fired up and dialed into right around 400 degrees. These Parmesan red potatoes are cooked indirect with the platesetter / conv”egg”tor in with the feet facing upward.
Cook them uncovered at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Pull from the Big Green Egg once the potatoes are tender, plate and enjoy!
Smoked Parmesan Red Potatoes
This is a delicious side that is super easy to make. It is literally just Parmesan cheese, butter and potatoes and with how easy it is to prepare and make your taste buds will be blown away!
- 6 Tablespoons - Butter
- 6 Tablespoons - Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 8 "ish" - Red Potatoes
- Melt the butter in a 9x11" pan.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese, evenly, over the top of the melted butter.
- Clean and cut the red potatoes in half and place them face down into the buttery Parmesan cheese.
- Place the Parmesan potatoes on the Big Green Egg after it is dialed into around 400 degrees (this is an indirect cook in which the plate setter / conv"egg"tor should be inserted with the feet facing upward).
- Allow the potatoes to cook 40-45 minutes or until tender, pull, plate and enjoy!
I've found that this is also awesome adding some seasoning such as Cow Lick by Dizzy Pig to the Parmesan / Butter prior to placing the potatoes in.
Ben has a bachelor’s degree in construction engineering. When not constructing or remodeling X-Ray Rooms, Cardiovascular Labs, and Pharmacies, you can find him at home with wife and two daughters. Outside of family, He loves grilling and barbequing on his Big Green Egg and Blackstone Griddle, as well as working on projects around the house.
If you want more backyard tips including recipes, how-tos and more, make sure you subscribe to my youtube channel