While reverse searing a steak is a favorite, this method of cooking the perfect Ribeye is a must try. Not only will it deliver the most juicy, moist, mouth watering flavor but its super easy to hit your target internal temperature every time!
How to Setup the Big Green Egg for the Perfect Ribeye Steak?
Ribeye is best cooked over direct heat. Fire up the Big Green Egg and get is dialed into about 300 degrees. If you are looking for some more flavor, throw a couple chunks of mesquite wood on top of the charcoal and then insert your grill grate. No plate setter or conv”egg”tor is necessary for this cook.
Ribeye Steak Ingredients
For this perfectly cooked Ribeye the following is recommended;
- Raising the Steaks by Dizzy Pig
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to Prepare Ribeye Steak?
To prepare the Ribeye steak, start out by putting a thin layer of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on and rubbing it into the meat.
Next, put a liberal amount of the Raising the Steaks seasoning by Dizzy Pig.
Follow it up with a little bit of Mesquite seasoning by McCormick.
No the steaks can be thrown in the fridge for up to a hour or so. This will really let the meat start to absorb all the flavor from the added spices. That is all there is to preparing this perfect Ribeye Steak!
How to Cook the Perfect Ribeye Steak?
Once the BGE is running steady around 300 degrees and your Ribeyes have rested in the fridge it is time to get them ready to be eaten. Start out by simply putting the steaks on the grate and closing the lid.
Once the steaks are on the grate remove the top vent and set aside. After about 2-3 minutes you’ll notice flames starting to sear the steak and the temperature rising fast in the BGE. You can flip them and close the lid.
After another two minutes it is time to check the temperature. Being Ribeye’s, I like to pull mine at 130 degrees. Once they are plated you’ll find that they will have rose another 5 degrees “ish” which will bring you that perfectly cooked steak. Enjoy!
This Ribeye delivers so much flavor it will be back on your cooking rotation to cook again in no time. The Raising the Steaks Seasoning by Dizzy Pig and Mesquite will surely have you craving for more!
- 1 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Raising the Steaks Seasoning (Dizzy Pig)
- 1 Mesquite McCormick
- Start out by putting a thin layer of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the Ribeyes. Follow this with a generous amount of Raising the Steak by Dizzy Pig and then a little Mesquite.
- Place steaks in the fridge for around an hour to allow the meat to really absorb the spices.
- Fire up the Big Green Egg and get it dialed into about 300 degreees. This is a direct cook so no plate setter or conv"egg"tor is needed.
- Place the steaks on the grill grate and close the lid. Remove the top vent cap and let them cook for about two to three minutes. Flip the steaks and recheck in two minutes. Pull the steaks when the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees.
- While plating and resting you'll notice the temperature will rise about 5 degrees settling at the perfect medium steak. Enjoy!