If you are on the hunt for a new stir fry recipe then look no further! This delicious teriyaki beef or chicken stir fry is not only absolutely amazing in the wok on a Big Green Egg or Kamado Joe but it comes with a awesome teriyaki sauce recipe too!
Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry Ingredients
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (peanut, vegetable or even soybean will also suffice)
- Beef (or protein of choice, chicken, shrimp…)
- 1/2 Cup – Green / Red Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Cup – White Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup – Onions
- 1/2 Cup – Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Pineapples (Optional, this will make it more sweet)
- 1/2 Cup – Teriyaki (homemade sauce recipe below is highly recommended but store bought will suffice)
How to Make Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry on the Big Green Egg?
Start out by preparing all your veggies and protein. You can either slice or chop the green pepper, white mushrooms, carrots and onion. Follow this up by thinly slicing your beef or chicken (shrimp can be left whole).
Fire the Big Green Egg up and get the wok all situated down as close to the coals as you can get it. Once everything is situated and the BGE is up to temp you can close the bottom vent to help control the power of the flame so things don’t get out of control.
If you don’t have a wok for your BGE, you can pick one up at the ceramic grill store. They have great products and are typically quite a bit cheaper than the Big Green Egg’s site.
Once the wok is 500 or so degrees it is time to start cooking. Start out by putting 3 or 4 tablespoons of extra olive oil into the wok.
Follow this with the protein of choice that you are cooking with. Consistently continue to stir until it is about all the way cooked.
Add veggies and continue to stir to prevent the meat from burning.
Add the teriyaki sauce and stir in for about a minute. Once everything is coated it is ready to be pulled and plated!
This is a delicious teriyaki beef or chicken stir fry that is not only amazing in a wok on the Big Green Egg (or Kamado Joe), but it comes with an awesome homemade teriyaki sauce recipe too!
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Green / Red Bell Peppers (Sliced)
- 1/2 Cup White Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Onions (Sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Carrots (Sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Pineapples (Optional, it will make it more sweet)
- 1/2 Cup Teriyaki
- These Ingredients are for the homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- Prepare all the veggies and protein of choice (beef or chicken) in which everything should be sliced.
- Fire up the Big Green Egg and insert the Wok. The wok should be as close to the coals as you can get it.
- Once the wok has hit around 500 degrees add about 4 Tablespoons of olive oil followed immediately by the protein of choice (stirring consistently).
- Once the meat is cooked add the veggies and continue stirring for about a minute.
- Stir in the sauce for about a minute and this Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry is complete!
While it is excellent as is, it is also good on a bed of white rice!
If you are making your own homemade teriyaki sauce follow this recipe.
Coming the cornstarch, water and set aside;
- 2 Tablespoons – Cornstarch
- 1 Cup – Water
Combine the following in a sauce pan;
- 4 Tablespoons - Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon - Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon – Ground Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon – Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons – Honey
- 1/4 Cup – Soy Sauce
Turn the stove on medium heat and wait for it to simmer. Once it begins to simmer add the water and cornstarch mixture. Be sure to continue to mix the mixture in. The sauce can be simmered until your desired thickness has been reached (if you go to far just add a little more water).
Ben has a bachelor’s degree in construction engineering. When not constructing or remodeling X-Ray Rooms, Cardiovascular Labs, and Pharmacies, you can find him at home with wife and two daughters. Outside of family, He loves grilling and barbequing on his Big Green Egg and Blackstone Griddle, as well as working on projects around the house.
If you want more backyard tips including recipes, how-tos and more, make sure you subscribe to my youtube channel